The Beginning

Every day, 97 things happen that I am sure someone would get a good laugh at. I may or may not be laughing at them. I had three adorable, manageable kids, then I had Brock, who is now the cutest, most loving 3 year old in the world, at select moments. Brock has a little brother named Blake, in the BTP, (Brockstar Training Program). I am 34 years old, have been married for 13 years, have 5 kids and sing now and then. I like to create, NOT COOK or CLEAN, which is turning out to be a great challenge since I am in charge of a house with 7 PEOPLE! I do love the people, though. Here for you all to laugh at me and with me, is a record of my funny life, the mistakes I make, and the lessons I learn while trying to earn, MY BIG GIRL PANTS.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Things I am NOT Going to Miss (Optional Title: Complaining)

I just cleaned up 53 wet wipes Brock and Blake had pulled out of the Kirkland brand wet wipe....thing. Then I crammed them all back in. I wonder how many times that is going to happen. I know I am going to miss my little kids. I kiss them a million times a day, hold them every chance I can, inhale them, giggle at their words and their squeeky voices, love the stuttering and the lisps, the swarming beehive of 5 year old soccer players, and a million other things. But there are another million things I am not going to miss. Like crumbs in my bed. Wet wipe restuffing. Never having a toothbrush because it gets stolen by Blake EVERY MORNING. I am not going to miss having to come up with 20 meals for people to eat every day. I wont miss 7 people dragging their junk through the house and dropping it wherever they stop. (I know, that's my own fault for not training them, don't judge.) I am tired of picking up garbage off the kitchen floor and sweeping the kitchen 6 times a day and it still never looking clean. Washing 98 outfits a week. Everyone's stuff in my room and their clothes on my bathroom floor, (right next to the hamper). The fighting, the crying, the tattletelling, the whining, the begging and the never ending stories that have no plot. I am writing these down, so when my kids are big, with a new set of problems, I wont forget that little kids were hard also. The physical stress is never ending. They always need something or want something nearly every second of the day and sometimes night. And 1 more thing. I hate potty training. I am terrible at it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh there's no place like home. : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of my life. Are you sure that you haven't been following me around and explaining my life?

    I have to say that being an at home mom really should make a job resume look incredible!

    I was filling out an evaluation for a choosing a career and I was to use situations that I like and bring me joy. I picked one of them as being a mom, as thankless as it is. It nearly filled every skill out there possible. I have to say that through being a mom, I have grown the most!

    You are doing a great job, the big rewards show up later. A lot later. The little ones are just small mercies to help us see that we haven't reached crazy yet. This is good incentive because it keeps you going and doing, even when it seems fruitless.

    ReplyDelete